Juvenile Training Immersion Program (JTIP) Curriculum
JTIP is a highly specialized, comprehensive, trial advocacy training program for juvenile defense attorneys developed by the National Juvenile Defender Center (NJDC).
The JTIP Curriculum provides general law and trial skills that are applicable in all jurisdictions, which Nebraska JTIP certified trainers then customize to incorporate Nebraska specific, case law, statutes and local court rules.
JTIP lessons are broken into 12 subject areas
- Introduction to Juvenile Defense
- The Client
- Arrest and Detention
- Winning the Case Out of Court
- Case Planning
- Pretrial Decisions
- Transfer to Adult Court
- Motions Practice
- Trial Skills
- Special Challenges on the Juvenile Docket
- Disposition and Post-Disposition
- Holistic Juvenile Defense Advocacy