In addition to promoting effective advocacy in the courtroom, NYA is focused on advocating for systemic changes in Nebraska’s juvenile justice system.
In the Nebraska legislature
- Assist in policy research and advocacy in line with promising practices in juvenile justice.
- Early Access to Defense Counsel
- Sealing/Expungement of Juvenile Records
- Detention Criteria
- Provide information to juvenile defense attorneys about past and current legislative bills.
Collaboration with local and national partners to advance the practice of juvenile defense
- Gault at 50
- Member of the Supreme Court Commission on Children in the Courts Subcommittee to develop guidelines for all attorneys who practice in juvenile court